5 Things You Should Know Before Your Botox Appt!
5 Things to Know Before Your First Botox Treatment
Wrinkles are an inevitable part of the aging process. As we get older, our skin becomes dry and less elastic. Wrinkles can form around eyes, forehead and on the edges of your lips. These lines can be erased from your face with Botox!
Botox is an injection that can relax muscles, making the lines caused by repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years disappear. It is clinically proven to decrease the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines and wrinkles in over 11 million women and men, but if you’ve never had a Botox treatment before, here are five things you should know before your first visit:
- Botox is safe. It’s an FDA-approved treatment for the area between your eyes (your scowl), the forehead, and for crow’s feet. Botox is also used to treat migraines, neck and shoulder pain and excess sweating. However, tell your Botox professional if you have any muscular conditions.
- Professionals should be certified.Botox is a medical procedure that takes approximately 30 minutes and should be done by a certified medical professional.
- You’re not ‘numb.’Contrary to popular belief, Botox injections prevent the muscles from moving, but do not give you a numb feeling.
- There may be minor side effects.Botox injections are done with a very fine needle, which can cause swelling, redness, bleeding and bruising, but every patient is different.
- Certain vitamins can increase your chances of bruising and you should not drink alcohol before your procedure. However, you can take Tylenol to reduce the chances of bruising.
- The effects of Botox injections last about three months.There is no recovery time with Botox injections..
We are offering FREE BOTOX CONSULTATIONS for all of our patients!
Dr Kimberly Yang will be available as of Dec 11th, so please give us call and schedule your complementary consultation.